PARROTLIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PARROTLIFE

Parrots and Pals

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

jaspers den

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jules

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-09-18

jaspers den Empty
PostSubject: jaspers den   jaspers den Orange2135th February 2012, 10:47 am

i don't know if i've mentioned this before but jasper loves to sit on or in a small drawer in the kitchen,he has since taken over the top part of the cupboard,which i didn't mind too much. now however he has very craftily found a way of getting into the bottom half (where his food was kept) and on friday chewed a hole in one of his bags of food. so now i've resorted to emptying the whole cupboard and i'm going to put in a few toys,boxes and stuff for him to forage about in Smile he just seems to enjoy being in there and will sit happily while i wash the pots

would greys normally forage in dark spaces? i do hope i'm not encouraging nesting behaviour by doing this?
Back to top Go down
bob

bob

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2007-02-04

jaspers den Empty
PostSubject: Re: jaspers den   jaspers den Orange2136th February 2012, 8:20 am

Why not try hanging a few toys up for him to play with while he is there or have you already done that bit
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandparrots.com
jules

jaspers den Empty
PostSubject: Re: jaspers den   jaspers den Orange2138th February 2012, 1:04 am

no i havn't done it yet bob,i'll have a look to see where i can hang a few bits. it's funny now it's empty he doesn't want to sit in there so much Rolling Eyes

i still put some toys or something in though just in case Smile
Back to top Go down
blacksheep

blacksheep

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2012-02-20

jaspers den Empty
PostSubject: Re: jaspers den   jaspers den Orange21323rd February 2012, 8:42 am

Elvis is like that trying to get under my chair - when its empty for him to do so, no interest. I think he just likes pulling everything out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.blackishsheep.co.uk/
jules

jaspers den Empty
PostSubject: Re: jaspers den   jaspers den Orange21324th February 2012, 6:11 am

yes this was what jasper liked to do. the trouble was i kept his food in there so if he managed to get in there he would make holes in the food bags,what a waste Shocked so i emptied everything out and now he just sits and watches me or he'll play with an empty bottle

jasper eats pellets too,so i wasn't best pleased when alot of them were wasted Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

jaspers den Empty
PostSubject: Re: jaspers den   jaspers den Orange213

Back to top Go down

jaspers den
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PARROTLIFE :: Main Forum :: Foraging-
Jump to: