PARROTLIFE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PARROTLIFE

Parrots and Pals

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

nesting behaviour

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jules

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-09-18

nesting behaviour Empty
PostSubject: nesting behaviour   nesting behaviour Orange2132nd August 2012, 8:50 pm

i found out last week that jasper is actually a female grey after going to the vets for a check up. the last 3 weeks he has started to pull out his fluffy downy feathers and made a bald patch on his back and a small one on his chest (the worst of it he did overnight on the first week)

they are starting to grow back now but i did wonder if this is part of hormonal or nesting type behaviour in females,along with all the shredding he does. this is what made me curious and have a dna test done Smile
Back to top Go down
bob

bob

Number of posts : 2522
Registration date : 2007-02-04

nesting behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: nesting behaviour   nesting behaviour Orange2137th October 2013, 7:41 am

Well we had a black headed caique handed in the other day, 3 years old and the lady that handed it in said that it had been poked by the kids with sticks
So, it's time to start his rehabilitation. he is a right nasty little bird but hay ho! we will try and get him a happy life back
Back to top Go down
http://www.midlandparrots.com
jules

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2010-09-18

nesting behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: nesting behaviour   nesting behaviour Orange2138th October 2013, 7:26 am

poked by her kids? well she should be ashamed of her self for letting them do that Mad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

nesting behaviour Empty
PostSubject: Re: nesting behaviour   nesting behaviour Orange213

Back to top Go down

nesting behaviour
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
PARROTLIFE :: Main Forum :: Behaviour-
Jump to: